Saturday, May 12, 2007

Good Interview Series

Today, most interviews of celebrities on T.V are little more than shallow plugs for their upcoming movie or album. It is rare to see an in-depth, genuine and meaningful conversation with someone who has a significant influence over many people. Part of the problem is the quality of people that gain status in the public eye, Paris Hilton is probably the number one example.

In my humble attempt to counteract this trend I am going to post a series of 10 well done and interesting interviews to hopefully raise people's standards for what entertainment is and isn't. I'll begin with a segment of the Dick Cavett show with John Lennon and Yoko Ono that took place shortly after the breakup of the Beatles. I'm a huge Beatles fan, and John Lennon is my number one hero. So I may be somewhat biased, but you can decide for yourself.

(This is only a portion of the interview, I believe you can find the rest of it on YouTube as well.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a link to the interview, or is the video player embedded, and I just can't see it for some reason.

Max said...

It's embedded, I know I wasn't able to see it with IE yesterday, nor was I able to access YouTube with IE. However, it seems to be working for me with both IE and FireFox today, but I can also post a link.

Anonymous said...

The embedded player shows up now.

tado said...

you stop by second post again!!

Anonymous said...

Agreed. Write something new!